Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Recommended to serve these of roasted red pepper bread (if you are so adventurous).
- 1⁄2 lb spicy pork sausage
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 4 hamburger buns (or 8 slices roasted red pepper bread)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using your hands or a wooden spoon, combine the sausage, ground beef, onion, garlic, and parsley until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties of equal size. Grill until cooked through, turning once, for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Top the burgers with the cheese and roasted pepper slices.
- Serve them on buns or Roasted Red Pepper Bread.