Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
This wonderful salad won a cook off contest sponsored by Yankee Magazine almost 15 years ago! The spice, the beef, and the plum sauce are so yummy together!
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 3⁄4 cup garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- slice steak into 1/8" strips.
- In bowl combine soy sauce, sherry, 2 tsp vegetable oil, cornstarch, brown sugar, red pepper and mix well.
- Add steak to mixture, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In large skillet, on medium heat, stir fry green onions for 1 minutes.
- Remove green onions from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining vegetable oil and on high heat stir fry steak until it just loses pink color.
- Remove from heat and add to green onions.
- For the dressing combine all ingredients in a jar and shake very well.
- Line platter with bite sized pieces of lettuce.
- Spoon beef mixture over top of lettuce.
- Garnish with tomatoes and parsley.
- Serve with plum dressing.