Recipe by Catnip46
A Pillsbury recipe. Very good indeed. I used corn right off the cob, green onions from the garden and added the sour cream to the filling before I made the quesadilla. I did use just a little more cumin and chill powder than called for but I like those two flavors together. I also spray the outside of my quesadillas with cooking spray so they get nice and crispy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup corn, from a can
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 (8 -10 inch) flour tortillas
- 5 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thick'n chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet, cook ground beef, corn and onions over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Stir in chili powder, salt and cumin. Cook 1 minute.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Place 1 tortilla in skillet. Layer tortilla with 1/3 cup cheese and 1/4 cup of beef mixture. Fold tortilla over. Cook over medium hear for 2 minutes. Carefully turn quesadilla; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve quesadillas with salsa and sour cream.