Recipe by E.A.
This is from Every Day w/ Rachael Ray. It's inexpensive, easy and tastes great. I'm not a fan of bell peppers, so I used a bit of petite diced tomatoes for color and flavor.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons habanero peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 pita bread
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and 2 garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining garlic, the chile and cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and bake for apx 5 minutes until a little brown.
- Top with ground beef mixture and serve with garlic yogurt.