You can use linguine noodles in place of vermicelli or any Asian noodles, use cooked turkey in this recipe in place of the beef or chicken. You can really add in whatever veggies you like, I make this using small broccoli florets. If you like lots of dressing then double all ingredients. This is a yummy salad, and keeps well in the fridge, so it makes a great lunch to take to work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb vermicelli (can use less)
- 3 -4 cups cooked beef, sliced into strips
- 2 large carrots, grated (squeeze out any moisture with your hands, or use sliced red onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small sticks
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use homemade for this)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth (you might need more to thin dressing)
- salt and pepper
- 1To make the dressing: combine all the dressing ingredients in a processor (except salt and pepper) blend well.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
- 4Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until JUST firm-tender (do not overcook pasta!) drain, and rise under cold water, drain again.
- 5Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- 6Add in cooked beef, carrots, green onion, bell pepper; toss to combine well.
- 7Pour the dressing over and toss to blend, adding in more broth if the dressing is too thick.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Sprinkle with peanuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beef or Chicken Asian Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.6
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1175.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: