Recipe by Chef Liane
This recipe is from the January '08 BHG magazine. A friend of mine made it first and let me know about it. Tasty and light, but still filling. The peanut sauce adds a bit of spice.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I cut this recipe in half for just the 2 of us & that worked well! Although I'm not usually big on egg noodles & another time would probably substitute brown rice for them, THIS BEEF-NOODLE BOWL WAS VERY SATISFYING & a nice change of pace! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game]
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup bottled peanut sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium egg noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup bias-sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In dutch oven brown beef strips in hot oil over medium-high heat. Add beef broth and peanut sauce; bring to boiling.
- Stir in noodles; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to separate noodles.
- Add broccoli; return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes more or just until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef and noodle mixture among four bowls. If desired, sprinkle servings with green onions.