Recipe by ChrisM
I got this recipe from the show good eats with alton brown. These are good for a quick dinner. I made these with flat iron steak. The marinade can be made with a wisk in a bowl.
Top Review by pwdcrazy
Very tasty! Made this for dinner tonight with grilled zuccini and poblano peppers. The only change I made was using regular paprika, and adding some dried red pepper flakes to the marinade. Definately will use this recipe again!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless beef sirloin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 (12 inch) metal skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the beef into 1 1/2 to 1 3/4-inch cubes and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the garlic, paprika, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar.
- With the processor running drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and toss to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator in an airtight container or a sealable plastic bag and allow to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers leaving about 1/2-inch in between the pieces of meat.
- Place on the grill and cook, with lid lowered, 2 to 3 minutes per side, 8 to 12 minutes in all (8 minutes for rare and 12 for medium).
- Remove from the heat to aluminum foil, wrap and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes prior to serving.