Kellie in SLO's Note:
This is not for the weak of heart. But for those who like things spicy. The prep time includes the time it takes to marinate the meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the meat in the freezer for an hour or so, until it is very firmbut not frozento make slicing easier.
- 2With a long, sharp knife, cut the meat into diagonal slices less than 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Lay the slices flat in a large glass or enamel baking dish.
- 4Combine the red wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, chili sauce and garlic.
- 5Pour over the meat, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours (overnight works best), turning the slices several times to coat.
- 6Remove the meat from the marinade and pat it dry with absorbent paper towels.
- 7Arrange the slices in a single layer on wire racks (such as those used for cooling cakes and cookies) and set the racks on foil-covered baking sheets (to catch the drips).
- 8Place in a 175º oven for about 2 or 3 hours, until dry and dark brown, but still pliable.
- 9Watch it closely; during the last half hour or so the meat can burn quickly.
- 10Let cool completely, then store airtight.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (1693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili sauce