Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spicy, flavorful 1 bowl meal that is low fat.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef (any lean cut)
- 4 scallions (if your garlic or onion grew a green top in storage use this)
- 1 cup slivered onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped incl. minced stems
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey or 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (optional) or 2 teaspoons white vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or 2 lime wedges
- Cut beef into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mince garlic and parsley stems (and ginger if fresh), coarsely chop parsley leaves, chop celery, scallions and finely slice onion (1 medium/small).
- Drop ramen noddles into boiling water, remove from heat, allow to cool a few minutes then drain. Noodles will not be fully cooked yet.
- Heat frying pan or wok to med high, add 1/2 cup water, seasoning packets, and onion. Cook a couple minutes.
- Add beef pieces, toss so each side is browned.
- Add all other vegetables/flavorings. Add ramen noodles, toss, heat through a couple minutes. Serve in two bowls and top with lime juice.
- My DH who does not in general like Asian food and is more meat-and-potatoes complimented me on this. I whipped it up late at night for a flavorful, nutritious meal that was not fast food.
Very good. Easy to make if you follow the directions carefully. They could be broken down a little bit more to make sure that no steps are missed. Otherwise, very tasty!