2 hrs 10 mins
Norahs Girl's Note:
Comfort food for Winter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef, cubes (chuck,sirloin or shin)
- oil (for frying)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 30 ml sugar
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 3 ml ground ginger
- 3 ml turmeric
- 1Preheat the oven to 160 ºC (325 ºF).
- 2Spray a fairly large ovenproof dish with non-stick spray.
- 3Fry the beef cubes in oil until golden brown.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 5Transfer to the dish.
- 6Fry the onions in a little oil until soft and translucent.
- 7Add the tomatoes.
- 8Season with sugar, cinnamon, ginger and turmeric and stir-fry for a few minutes Add to the meat and mix.
- 9Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and pour over the meat mixture.
- 10Mix, cover and bake in an ovenfor about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- 11Lovely with Rice or Mashed Potatoes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 271.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: