Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Warning: Maybe to hot to handle.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup kikkoman stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced canned jalapeno peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cook beef with onion in large skillet over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over mixture and stir in to blend.
- Add tomatoes, stir-fry sauce, jalapeno peppers and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly and tomatoes are heated through.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep mixture hot.
- Combine baking mix and milk to form a soft dough; beat 30 seconds.
- Pour hot beef mixture into 2-quart baking dish; top with rounded teaspoonfuls of biscuit mixture.
- Bake in 425 degrees oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.