Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (chunky garden style)
- 1 (10 ounce) canwith beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- In large Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef.
- Add onion and garlic until tender.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until ready to eat.
- Serve with crackers or cornbread.
This is so delightful for a winters meal. I made this many times........I like to use spaghetti sauce with mushrooms. I make it with beef bouillon cubes instead of canned broth and with 1 tsp. pepper. I sometimes add a can of drained and rinsed pinto beans, too. A very hearty soup served with cornbread.