Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a grocery store recipe card about 12 years ago. It makes a nice one dish meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Add the black beans, corn, taco mix and water. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, set aside and keep hot.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the corn muffin mix, cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream and green onions. The batter should be moist but will be very thick.
- Put half of the batter in the pie dish. Dampen your fingers with water and use them to spread the batter over the bottom and up the sides of the dish as far as you can.
- Spoon the the ground beef mixture over the batter and spread evenly.
- Put spoonfuls of the remaining batter around the outer edge of the pie. Using your fingers again spread it around the outer edge of the pie. This will not cover the entire pie. The center will be open.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Check that the muffin mix has become golden.
- Serve on a plate with the toppings if desired.