Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my daughter, Julie, it is easier than it looks. Very good and uses common ingredients that you would have on hand.
- 1 lb beef top round steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces (or use 10 oz frozen asparagus.)
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into small wedges
- Freeze the steak until partially firm. Slice the beef into thin strips.
- Combine the cornstarch, water, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Add the beef and toss to coat.
- Mix the broth, soy sauce and ketchup in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok or skillet over high heat until hot. Add 1Tablespoon of the oil and the garlic. Stir fry for 20 seconds. Add half the beef mixture and stir fry until beef is brown. Then remove with slotted spoon and stir fry the rest of the beef. Remove as before, then add the rest of the oil. Stir fry the asparagus for two minutes, then add the pepper and onion for 2 more minutes.
- Return the beef to the wok and stir in the broth mixture. Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Cook covered one minute longer.