Hey Jude's Note:
This is a fun and easy dish to prepare. Serve over steamed rice and you have a meal-in-one. The chili peppers are the small, dried ones that you can buy at Oriental groceries....they're about 2 inches long. Thanks again Madame Wong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak, very thinly sliced into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 whole red chili peppers (dried peppers)
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 bunch scallion, green part only, cut 2 inches long
- 10 whole water chestnuts, sliced thin
- 1Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients. Marinate steak 15 minutes.
- 3Heat 2 T. oil in a wok to smoking hot. Add meat. Stir-fry until color changes. Drain. Remove.
- 4Wipe out wok. Heat 2 T. oil. Add red chili peppers. Stir-fry until black. Add red pepper, scallions, water chestnuts and sauce. Bring to a boil. Add meat. Stir-fry 1 minute more.
- 5Make sure you remove the 10 chili peppers before serving. If you accidentally eat one it will be an uncomfortable experience!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beef
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.6
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 2410.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 58.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic