Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
This is a very spicy and tangy dish, but feel free to adjust the curry paste and lime juice to your liking. Recipe is from Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups long-grain rice, cooked (hot)
- 1 green onion, chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Saute chopped onion in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes; add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Add red curry paste; saute 1 minute. Stir in kidney beans, diced tomatoes, coconut milk and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with toppings.