1 hr 30 mins
Bunny Erica's Note:
This was cooked for us by our fabulous friends in Melbourne, Dave and Larissa. It is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 sweet potatoes (500g)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- 1 large courgette, cubed
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 310 g corn kernels
- 2 (800 g) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh coriander leaves
- sour cream or light soy sour cream, to serve
- grated cheddar cheese or soy cheddar cheese, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 210 degrees (gas 6-7).
- 2Rinse the sweet potatoes, then pierce with a small sharp knife. Place them on a baking.
- 3tray and bake for 1-1½ hours, or until soft.
- 4Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft and golden. Add garlic and spices, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5Add the tomato and stock, stir well, then add the vegetables and beans.
- 6Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
- 7Uncover, increase the heat slightly, and cook.
- 8for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid had reduced and thickened. Stir in the coriander leaves just before serving.
- 9To serve, cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the top. Add a dollop of light (soy) sour cream and sprinkle with grated (soy) cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beans on Baked Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.1 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: