Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from a taste of home tweaked for core. i bet this would be good with some ground beef. if you try it let me know
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 11 ounces mexicorn
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- In 2 qt microwave safe dish, combine first six ingredients. microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- stir in beans, mexicorn, tomatoes and salsa. top with cheese.
- cover and microve on high for 2-3 minutes.