Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great side to serve with an Asian inspired main.
- 500 g fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 onions, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced chile
- Wash sprouts & drain well.
- Heat butter in a pan and saute ginger & garlic 1 minute, add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining spices and cook 3 mins before adding bean sprouts.
- Combine all ingredients well and cook for a further 3 minutes.
not my cup of tea at all, which surprised me as I love all the ingredients separately. So it wasn't a total toss out I doctored it to our tastes by adding a bit of sugar and balsamic and a generous sprinkling of ground peanuts.
A nice side. Made as written using cooking spray in place of butter. DH loved that it was spice with out being too spicy. Thanks for the post.
The kids gobbled this up! My six year old informed me "this isn't as spicy as the recipe says mom". I thought it had the perfect amount of bite and flavor. Thanks Mandy!