Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Eat to Live"
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, any type
- 1 teaspoon mild chili salsa
- 1 pinch cumin or 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mash the beans with a fork, masher or food processor with about half the liquid from the can.
- Mix in the spices.
- Serve with raw or lightly steamed vegetables or toasted pita bread.
Lady Laura, what a wonderful recipe!
It is so easy and quick to prepare and tastes just wonderful! The cumin and hot sauce go great with the beans (I used garbanzos) and make for an awesome veggie dip!
I luved its smooth texture, too.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this here with us!
Made and reviewed on Recommendation of nemokitty August 2010.
What a simple and delicious idea! I used northern beans, garlic salsa, cumin and 1 tsp garlic powder. Wonderful! Tastes just like refried beans except not all the fat. Made for PAC Spring 2010.