Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. I love this soup a lot. Sometimes I serve it with garlic bread. I substitute the pepper jack cheese for sharp cheddar, and instead of putting the cheese in the big pot I put it into the separate bowls. I forgot to add that i don't use the garbanzo beans!
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- In slow cooker combine canned and frozen beans, onion, chili powder, basil, and oregano. Stir in beef broth and water.
- Cover; cook on high for 4 hours. Stir in cheese until melted.
Had some old cans that needed to be used up, one of them being garbanzo beans. So I tossed this together subbing black beans for the limas and canned french cut green beans drained for the frozen. This was very quick to put together with a nice outcome. It passed the husband taste test, he really enjoyed it. I do not like garbanzo beans so I let him enjoy it all :) Thank you for posting this quick, simple and tastey soup.