Recipe by Kristen S.
This is a newly created recipe meant to be sort of a "rough draft." Please try it out (I think it's pretty good so far) and let me know what you think. If you add anything or think of any changes you'd recommend, don't hesitate to let me know. This is my first original soup recipe. Note: Because I was horrible about making notes when I made this the first time, the amounts in the ingredient list are meant to be approximations (especially when it comes to the amount of chicken broth to add).
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely diced
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, white meat preferable, chopped into small pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup jicama, cubed
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan or stew pot heat Olive Oil. Add Garlic, diced Onion, and Serrano Pepper(s).
- When Onions are translucent, add chicken and heat for two minutes to absorb flavors.
- Add Beans, Tomatoes, Jicama, Corn, and Cilantro. Add Chicken Broth, Lime Juice, and Cumin. Bring to a simmer.
- For added spice, add hot sauce about 30 minutes into cooking.
- Cook for a total of 1 hour. Take out Peppers and Garlic before serving.