Recipe by WhoDat
This is a very easy bean burrito filling, or can be used as a great side item!
Top Review by flower7
This is a great way to add a little "oomph" to plain refritos. I used refried black beans (my personal preference over pintos) and only 1/8 tsp cayenne. Everything else was as directed. The amount of heat was perfect for me - not too spicy, just a nice background heat. Served with cheddar-jack cheese and sour cream in a flour tortilla. Yum! Thanks for sharing!
- 453.59 g can refried beans
- 78.07 ml yellow onion, diced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 9.85 ml jalapenos, diced (I use Pickled)
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in olive oil for 2 minutes in medium sauce pan on high heat.
- Add the beans, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and seasoning salt. Stir frequently together for about 5 minutes or until beans are hot.
- Serve by itself or in a tortilla and enjoy!