Recipe by Hel Cooks
Can either be made into patties or sausage shapes depending on what you fancy. the amount of chilli can be adjusted to suit your taste.
Top Review by RawfullyTempting
Excellent! Y ummy! I only had Adzuki beans, so I used them without the pinto beans and still came out great. I also needed to add more breadcrumbs as they were a bit crumbly....but delicious. Made with a Dilled adzuki bean rice..terrific combo.
- 1 cup adzuki beans (cooked)
- 1 cup pinto beans (cooked) or 1 cup kidney bean (cooked)
- 1 small onion (finely Chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (finely Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 5 slices whole meal bread (make into crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently fry onion and garlic in oil and then add the green pepper and fry until soft (about 5 mins).
- Add Chilli and Chilli powder and fry for a further 2 minutes Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- add the beans, egg, tomato,salt and pepper, basil and half of the bread crumbs to the onions and mix well mashing together (half the mixture can go in a food processor to give the mixture a smoother texture which helps the patties hold together).
- Shape the mixture into the size and shape patties that you want.
- coat in the remaining breadcrumbs and fry in a frying pan until golden on each side turing occasionally.
- Serving suggestion - in a bun with salsa, salad, coleslaw or cheese.
- Variations - any beans can be used, nuts can be added for added protien and crunch, cheese is nice with them (parmasan gives them a nice flavor) Basically anything goes! - my daughter loves them withut the chilli in a bun and served with tomato ketchup!