Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can either be made into patties or sausage shapes depending on what you fancy. the amount of chilli can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- 1 cup adzuki beans (cooked)
- 1 cup pinto beans (cooked) or 1 cup kidney bean (cooked)
- 1 small onion (finely Chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (finely Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 5 slices whole meal bread (make into crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Gently fry onion and garlic in oil and then add the green pepper and fry until soft (about 5 mins).
- Add Chilli and Chilli powder and fry for a further 2 minutes Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- add the beans, egg, tomato,salt and pepper, basil and half of the bread crumbs to the onions and mix well mashing together (half the mixture can go in a food processor to give the mixture a smoother texture which helps the patties hold together).
- Shape the mixture into the size and shape patties that you want.
- coat in the remaining breadcrumbs and fry in a frying pan until golden on each side turing occasionally.
- Serving suggestion - in a bun with salsa, salad, coleslaw or cheese.
- Variations - any beans can be used, nuts can be added for added protien and crunch, cheese is nice with them (parmasan gives them a nice flavor) Basically anything goes! - my daughter loves them withut the chilli in a bun and served with tomato ketchup!
Excellent! Y ummy! I only had Adzuki beans, so I used them without the pinto beans and still came out great. I also needed to add more breadcrumbs as they were a bit crumbly....but delicious. Made with a Dilled adzuki bean rice..terrific combo.