Recipe by gailanng
Burritos with beans, rice, lettuce, cheese and sour cream. With adaptations from http://abitchinkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/10/spicy-bean-and-rice-burritos.html.
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon sauce from canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups brown rice or 2 cups white rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1⁄4 cup fresh salsa
FOR THE TACO ASSEMBLY
- 6 (10 inch) tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle, adobo sauce, cumin, and cayenne. Cook briefly until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Add in drained and rinsed beans and water. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes, mashing the bean mixture slightly. Remove from heat and stir in rice and salsa.
- Divide mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, lettuce, green onions and sour cream. Roll up, and serve.