Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is made with coconut milk, vegetables, and spiced with red curry paste.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 quarts low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups cooked navy beans, drained
- 2 limes (1/3 cup fresh lime juice)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; stir in curry paste and cook until it darkens a bit, about 1 minute.
- Stir in palm sugar; stir in fish sauce, coconut milk, stock, strin beans, carrots, and navy beans.
- Increase heat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans soften and start to break down, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup and garnish with cilantro.