Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is made with coconut milk, vegetables, and spiced with red curry paste.
Make and share this Spicy Bean and Coconut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 quarts low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups cooked navy beans, drained
- 2 limes (1/3 cup fresh lime juice)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; stir in curry paste and cook until it darkens a bit, about 1 minute.
- Stir in palm sugar; stir in fish sauce, coconut milk, stock, strin beans, carrots, and navy beans.
- Increase heat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans soften and start to break down, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup and garnish with cilantro.