This is made with coconut milk, vegetables, and spiced with red curry paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 quarts low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups cooked navy beans, drained
- 2 limes (1/3 cup fresh lime juice)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; stir in curry paste and cook until it darkens a bit, about 1 minute.
- 2Stir in palm sugar; stir in fish sauce, coconut milk, stock, strin beans, carrots, and navy beans.
- 3Increase heat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans soften and start to break down, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- 4Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve soup and garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Bean and Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
low sodium vegetable broth