Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
After trying several spicy bbq sauce recipes, I came up with this version. It's quick and easy and works well with all sorts of meals. Try mixing it up with pulled pork or chicken for a quick sandwich or spreading on chicken for grilled chicken.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Place all ingredients except tomato paste in a small skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Use in various recipes or cool and store in the refrigerator.
- (Because of it's acidity, I've stored this sauce for up to two weeks, but I'm not an authority on the subject.).