Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This zesty chicken is great served with basil-buttered grilled corn on the cob and fresh coleslaw.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free seasoning, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the chili sauce, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Combine the mustard, chili powder and remaining seasoning blend and cayenne; rub over chicken.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with chili sauce mixture. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally.
I made this recipe for dinner last night and it was great! I used 4 boneless breasts but did not cut the other ingredients in half and there was plenty for the rub and sauce ~ in fact, there was none left of either. It was very easy to put together. THe spice is nice ~ not overpowering but enough to know it's there. Thanks for posting!!!