Prep 23 mins
Cook 34 mins
Very tasty meatbals that my friend Maria showed me how to make properly:)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey breast or 1 1⁄2 lbs 96% extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can salt-free tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, pepper sause
- Combine the meatball ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Shape the meatball mixture.
- into 60 (1") balls, and place meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs
- at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- the meatballs to a chafing dish or Crock-Pot heated casserole to keep warm.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, and simmer over medium-low.
- heat just until hot.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, toss gently to mix, and serve.