Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't remember where this recipe came from, but it sure is a family favorite!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- lettuce leaves or hard roll
- In a large bowl toss the first 4 ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, dry mustard and hot pepper sauce until well mixed.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or rolls if desired.
Very good! I didn't have pickle relish on hand, so I chopped green and red grapes for that touch of sweetness the relish would have provided. I don't eat meat, but Husband does, and this was a delicious filling for his daily wrap sandwich he takes to the office. He requested that I make this again!
This was good, but I did notice after I made up some sub sandwiches a head of time, (and refrigerated them for several hrs., and also over night) later the chicken filling seem to off lost it's tangy bbq taste. I would suggest if making sandwiches ahead of time and refrigerating them, only chill them in the fridge for just 2-3 hrs., any longer than that, the chicken salad will not have that tangy bbq taste no longer. If this salad had a bit more of a bite to it after long refrigeration time, I would of given this recipe 5 stars, but since it did not, I'm sorry I could only give it 3 stars.