I was looking for something savory to make with bananas and found a banana dip recipe online. I adjusted it by adding black beans. It comes across like a creamy chutney and the black beans give it texture. It's great with corn chips. A nice alternative to salsa.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or use fresh chiles if you have them)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup black beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1. Sautee the onions in the oil until golden.
- 2. Add sea salt, ginger, garlic and chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Add bananas, black beans, vinegar and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat. Let cool and add cilantro.