1/1 Photo of "Spicy" Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
What a great banana bread. Nice change from your basic banana bread. Adjutst spices to taste. Candace submitted this recipe at another recipe site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Cream shortening and sugar until light.
- 4Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 5In separate bowl, sift together flour,salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- 6Add flour mixture to shortening mixture.
- 7Blend well.
- 8Add well mashed bananas, blend well.
- 9Add nuts.
- 10Pour into the two prepared pans.
- 11Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 12Testing with wooden toothpick.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Spicy" Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3043.3
- Calories from Fat 1380
- Total Fat 153.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 2570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 398.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 246.0 g
- Protein 39.9 g