What a great banana bread. Nice change from your basic banana bread. Adjutst spices to taste. Candace submitted this recipe at another recipe site.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour,salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture to shortening mixture.
- Blend well.
- Add well mashed bananas, blend well.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Testing with wooden toothpick.