Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a Market Pantry tilapia package, and fell in love. This is a great recipe for a delicious, spicy and crunchy quick meal. Note: add more pepper to make spicier, but consider using frosted corn flakes to help counteract the zing!
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss together cornflakes, parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Whisk together egg and milk in a second shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Dip each fillet in egg mixture; then coat with cornflake mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve fish with tarter or cocktail sauce and top with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
This is delicious and easy. I've made it twice already. Daughter who eats alot of fish asked for the recipe. Made exactly as directed except used crushed red pepper and sprinkled with lemon juice before baking. Thank you for this recipe!