Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
i love spicy food and look forward to sharing this recipe with other enthusiast of fine hot food this is a mixture of my mothers spaghetti recipe and my own experiments have fun and don't drink water it burns more
- 1 lb ground sausage (spicy or hot)
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 bell pepper (chopped large)
- 1 large onion (chopped large)
- 1 (16 ounce) canpreferred spaghetti sauce (watch for my sauce recipe later)
- 2 (8 ounce) bagsof shredded mozzarella cheese
- in large frying pan, brown meat with herbs and pepper and onion.
- slow boil noodles for 30 minutes.
- cook grease out of meat, don't drain.
- add sauce to meat mixture and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- drain water from noodles and mix in meat well.
- dump into casserolle dish
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- cover with cheese.
- bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Chef_Eurkle, keep experimenting, cause you are good at it. This recipe gives spaghetti a whole new twist with just enough heat to keep us coming back for another bite. I used recipe #22782 for the sauce. DH loved it and so did I. Thanks for the recipe and keep them coming!