Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummmmmmy!! Spicy, so have plenty of cold beverages around.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Layer shrimp and lemon slices in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once.
- Remove shrimp, reserving sauce.
- Serve shrimp with reserved sauce and French bread.
I have made this several times now. The first time was just exactly as written and it was fantastic. The last time I used half butter and half olive oil and doubled the garlic, Very very good. Thanks for the recipe!
Easy and delicious. The only change I made was to double the garlic. Wow!! We made pigs of ourselves over this one. Very spicy and tangy. No left-overs to worry about either. Thanks Nurse Di.
Festivity is the calling card of this dish! Bursting with lemon and garlic, the sauce is amazing! Spicy, incredibly messy and buttery, what a FUN recipe! The sauce clings to the shrimp and has a decided "cajun" flavor. We did add just a bit more garlic and a splash of Tobasco and we served with bread for dipping as you suggested. Every bite was a delight! Simply outstanding, a new family favorite and one of the best recipes I have made. I highly recommend this as "party" food! Serve with ice cold beer and your guests may never leave! Thanks a bunch for this one, NurseDi!