Spicy and delicious!!
Make and share this Spicy Baked Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper, and onion until meat is browned and the veggies are tender; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
I made this for supper and my husband and I were very happy with the way this tasted. Spicy but did not burn our mouths. I also liked it because it was easy and I didn't have to spend all night in the kitchen. Thanks Nurse Di.
I made this for dinner last night and our household was full of smiles! I didn't use the onion or green pepper (my husband doesn't like). I used diced tomatoes with green chilis, extra lean meat, brown rice and fat free cheddar cheese. Added fresh jalapenos, extra hot sauce and tortillas. Thank you so much for this recipe. My husband won't let me forget this one!
NurseDi...your dish was perfectly spiced, and a great addition to our weekday meal menu! (minus the hot sauce that is) Thankyou!!