Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
As usual I have no idea where I got this recipe. I haven't made it yet but I do have leftover rice on hand, ground beef in the freezer and a green pepper to use up.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.