Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
To save time toast the nuts in advance, if you are serving a crowd prepare two recipes and serve in two separate dishes. Prep time includes toasting nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- crackers or corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Set oven to 275 degrees.
- Place the nuts on a small baking pan; bake for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the nuts are lightly toasted, transfer to a small bowl and add in melted butter and salt; mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl mix together softened cream cheese, garlic, taco seasoning, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese and picante sauce; mix to thoroughly combine, then stir in the pecans.
- Spoon into preapred baking dish.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake covered with foil for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- Serve with crackers or corn chips.