1/1 Photo of Spicy Baked Party Dip
1 hr 30 mins
To save time toast the nuts in advance, if you are serving a crowd prepare two recipes and serve in two separate dishes. Prep time includes toasting nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- crackers or corn chips
- 1Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- 2Set oven to 275 degrees.
- 3Place the nuts on a small baking pan; bake for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the nuts are lightly toasted, transfer to a small bowl and add in melted butter and salt; mix to combine.
- 4In a medium bowl mix together softened cream cheese, garlic, taco seasoning, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese and picante sauce; mix to thoroughly combine, then stir in the pecans.
- 5Spoon into preapred baking dish.
- 6Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake covered with foil for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- 7Serve with crackers or corn chips.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Baked Party Dip
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 268.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g