Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted something a little different for breakfast this morning and I came up with this one. It's fast and easy and requires no overnight refrigeration time. We really enjoyed the spicy taste the Rotel added.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) canoriginal rotel, drained
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, combination shredded (or your cheese of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 in baking dish with Pam.
- Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper until foamy.
- Mix in the cubed ham, Rotel and cheese and mix well.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set (every oven is different).
- Turn the oven off and let it sit another 5-10 minutes.
- Delicious and easy.
Simple and tasty...my kind of recipe! I used a combination of sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheese and added some granulated garlic and onion powder to the eggs. The tomatoes add the perfect amount of spice and I can't wait to try this using hot sausage. Thanks for sharing, Nimz! **Make for PRMR Holiday Special**
I made my own Rotel using fresh tomatoes and peppers from the garden. I left the ham out of ours because we have vegetarians in our family. It was quick and easy to make. The flavor was good but a little on the salty side, so next time I will cut back on the salt a little. Otherwise, it was a delicious addition to Sunday brunch.
Yummy and quick to fix. Everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!