Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You may adjust the ingredient amounts to taste, for extreme heat use two jalapenos, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder may be used in place of fresh --- if desired the pepperoni may be minced or finely chopped and added to the cream cheese mixture --- the complete recipe may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake -- serve this dip hot or warm with tortilla chips or butter crackers, your going to *love* this! :)
Top Review by Mitomopa
I wanted to try a spicy pepperoni recipe and gave this one a try. I made it exactly like the recipe says and sprinkled the pepperoni and cheeses on top. After the dip cooked and was ready to eat, I noticed there was a lot of pepperoni grease sitting on top of the dip. Since I was serving this for a party, I removed most of the top of it so the company wouldn't see the grease as much. I served this with warm pita chips and it did taste like a pizza. The flavor was really good and it also went well with taco chips. I think I will try this dip again and just mix everything together instead of layering it. That was the only disappointing thing about this recipe. Thanks for posting it!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, very soft
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) or cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups finely chopped pepperoni (can use more or less) or 2 cups salami (can use more or less)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese with sour cream, pizza sauce, dried oregano, jalapeno pepper, fresh garlic and seasoned salt; mix until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in chopped onion and 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Season with desired amount of Tabasco or cayenne pepper.
- Spread the mixture into pie plate.
- Sprinkle the chopped pepperoni or salami and grated Parmesan cheese onto top of cream cheese mixture.
- At this point you may cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (bottom rack).
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup or more of mozzarella cheese then return to oven to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onions, then serve.