Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
You may adjust the ingredient amounts to taste, for extreme heat use two jalapenos, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder may be used in place of fresh --- if desired the pepperoni may be minced or finely chopped and added to the cream cheese mixture --- the complete recipe may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake -- serve this dip hot or warm with tortilla chips or butter crackers, your going to *love* this! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, very soft
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) or cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups finely chopped pepperoni (can use more or less) or 2 cups salami (can use more or less)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped green onion
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese with sour cream, pizza sauce, dried oregano, jalapeno pepper, fresh garlic and seasoned salt; mix until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in chopped onion and 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Season with desired amount of Tabasco or cayenne pepper.
- Spread the mixture into pie plate.
- Sprinkle the chopped pepperoni or salami and grated Parmesan cheese onto top of cream cheese mixture.
- At this point you may cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (bottom rack).
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup or more of mozzarella cheese then return to oven to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onions, then serve.
I wanted to try a spicy pepperoni recipe and gave this one a try. I made it exactly like the recipe says and sprinkled the pepperoni and cheeses on top. After the dip cooked and was ready to eat, I noticed there was a lot of pepperoni grease sitting on top of the dip. Since I was serving this for a party, I removed most of the top of it so the company wouldn't see the grease as much. I served this with warm pita chips and it did taste like a pizza. The flavor was really good and it also went well with taco chips. I think I will try this dip again and just mix everything together instead of layering it. That was the only disappointing thing about this recipe. Thanks for posting it!
We had this tonight & it was great! Tasted a lot like pizza :-) Served w/ tortilla chips, and it was just fabulous!
This dip has it all.Good texture,just the right amount of heat,and it tastes fabulous.Yet another winner,thanks Kit.