I was busy and needed a meal that went together quickly and easily, with the ingredients on hand, one that didn't need to be watched as it cooked. That led to a baked dish. I checked the larder, pantry, and freezer. That done I modified a baked fish recipe from my files and this is the result. All in all, not bad if I do say so and, of course, I do say so.
- 1 medium white onions or 1 medium yellow onions or 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced,broken into rings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, and defatted
- 8 small fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh pasilla chile, roasted,skinned,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- basmati rice or jasmine rice, cooked in
- chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray the bottom of a small casserole dish with Pam, cover with onions.
- Place the chicken on the onions.
- Cover the chicken with Tomato slices.
- Add the Garlic, Chiles, Salt, And Pepper.
- Bake, un-covered for 35 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of Rice.