1/2 Photos of Spicy Baked Chicken (From India) -- Masaledar Murghi
3 hrs 55 mins
From Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cooking. I've been vegetarian on and off, so I'm not sure if I've ever tried this, but my husband *loves* it. ***cayenne & paprika*** You can combine them in any amount you like, as long as you use a total of 1 1/2 tablespoons. (I usually just use a little bit of cayenne and a LOT of paprika, so the kids can eat it too.) I use chicken legs (because they are cheap) and the marinade covers about 10 legs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cumin, paprika, cayenne, turmeric, black pepper, salt, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix.
- 2Rub this mixture over the chicken pieces, including into flaps and along leg bones.
- 3Place the pieces in a shallow baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside (I refrigerate) for at least 3 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and brush the tops of the chicken pieces with oil.
- 5Bake 20 minutes.
- 6Turn the pieces over and bake another 25 minutes or until tender.
- 7Baste the chicken with drippings 3 or 4 times.
- 8If there is sauce remaining after baking (I say "if" because I've never done this part!), pour it into a small pot and boil until somewhat reduced.
- 9Arrange chicken on a platter and pour the reduced sauce over them.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Baked Chicken (From India) -- Masaledar Murghi
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.6
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 1336.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 45.8 g