Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it looks good (and easy)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup chopped canned tomato
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili flakes. Cook, stirring until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking tray, skin side down. Brush with half the sauce.
- Bake for 8 minutes, turn over, brush with remaining sauce and bake a further 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve at once.
This was absolutely gorgeous!! Loved, loved and loved. This has got to be the most simple recipe to make and the end results are wonderful. I made as is except for adding more chili pepper flakes, just personal preference. I also added a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. This has to be one of the most tender, moist chicken breast recipes I have made in a long time. I really do mean wow! it was like I expect a steak fillet or lamb shank recipe to be, just melts in your mouth. Have never had chicken like this. Yummo and a great post Jan everyone has to try this one.
Easy, quick and full of flavour!! I subbed chopped chili in a jar for the chili flakes and discovered, in the middle of the recipe, that I had a scant tablespoon of dijon left so made up the rest with wholegrain mustard. I spooned the sauce over the breasts and cooked as per the recipe. I think I will make up some of the sauce and freeze it for those times when I can't be bothered with cooking! Thanks for a tasty dinner Jan.
This recipe was simple and delicious! I didn't have an onion or garlic cloves so I substituted onion powder and garlic powder in place of the onion and garlic cloves. I also used rotel tomatoes because that's what I had on hand. I also used dark brown sugar. I used the Perdue healthy portions boneless skinless chicken breasts and since they are thin I cooked them at 425 degrees for 4 minutes and then turned them over and cooked them for another 4 minutes and then finished them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. I was very pleased with the end result. The chicken was sweet and spicy and very moist and tender. Yum! This will definitely be added to my rotation. Thank you for a wonderful recipe Jan! :)