Recipe by JustJanS
I haven't made this yet, but it looks good (and easy)
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This was absolutely gorgeous!! Loved, loved and loved. This has got to be the most simple recipe to make and the end results are wonderful. I made as is except for adding more chili pepper flakes, just personal preference. I also added a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. This has to be one of the most tender, moist chicken breast recipes I have made in a long time. I really do mean wow! it was like I expect a steak fillet or lamb shank recipe to be, just melts in your mouth. Have never had chicken like this. Yummo and a great post Jan everyone has to try this one.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup chopped canned tomato
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili flakes. Cook, stirring until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking tray, skin side down. Brush with half the sauce.
- Bake for 8 minutes, turn over, brush with remaining sauce and bake a further 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve at once.