Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Barbeque "baked" beans with a bit of the sweet and spicy. Can be made stove top or crock pot.
- 425.24 g can great northern beans
- 425.24 g can pinto beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml brown sugar substitute
- 59.14 ml catsup
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- If cooking on stove top, saute onion and pepper until tender.
- Place all ingredients in pan and heat over low till flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
- If cooking in crock pot place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 4 hours.
Congrats! Your baked beans are featured as the Recipe of the Day on today's homepage! (6/1/2011)
Wow...I can't believe no one has tried this recipe yet. I used Splenda brown sugar and one jalapeno pepper. This was so easy to throw together and tasted out of this world. I will be making this often in the future. Made for Honor thy Mother - and be Gluten-Free, too! Tag Game.