Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick soup is healthy too! It's vegetarian as it stands, but you could add leftover cooked ham to make it more hearty.
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans, in tomato sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets (undrained)
- 1 cup water
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (use less if you wish)
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (substitute plain yogurt, if you wish)
- In a saucepan, combine beans, tomatoes, corn, water and all spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and let bubble for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if you wish, or any additional seasonings.
- Spoon soup into serving bowls, top with a spoonful of sour cream, and sprinkle some green onions over sour cream.
This was good but a little boring until I added some bbq sauce. Maybe using broth instead of water would help too. It did make for a quick easy lunch. Thanks for the recipe!