3 hrs 20 mins
From the blog "Foodie with Family". I have not made this, but this would be great for a potluck, picnic or party. The blogger says that it makes a lot, but that it will keep for about 5 days. I took a guess at servings, for all I know it may serve more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frozen sweet corn
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (or pressed through a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crisp
- 6 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced, then minced
- 1Lightly coat the crock of a slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease it with oil. (I would probably use a 3 or 4 qt cooker).
- 2Stir together the sweet corn, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, garlic, salt, and pepper. Put the lid on the slow-cooker and set the cooker to LOW. Cook for 2-3 hours, or until the contents are uniformly hot, the cheese is melted, and the corn and jalapeno are coated with a creamy sauce.
- 3While the mixture is cooking, finely chop the crispy bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon of the chopped bacon along with 2 teaspoons of the minced green onion.
- 4Stir the remaining bacon and green onion into the hot dip then scoop the dip into a serving dish. Sprinkle the reserved bacon and green onion over the top and serve with chips or as a side dish.
- 5Leftovers can be stored, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat covered but vented in a microwave on HIGH until hot all the way through.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Bacon Corn Dip (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 521.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g