Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the blog "Foodie with Family". I have not made this, but this would be great for a potluck, picnic or party. The blogger says that it makes a lot, but that it will keep for about 5 days. I took a guess at servings, for all I know it may serve more.
- 2 lbs frozen sweet corn
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (or pressed through a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crisp
- 6 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced, then minced
- Lightly coat the crock of a slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease it with oil. (I would probably use a 3 or 4 qt cooker).
- Stir together the sweet corn, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, garlic, salt, and pepper. Put the lid on the slow-cooker and set the cooker to LOW. Cook for 2-3 hours, or until the contents are uniformly hot, the cheese is melted, and the corn and jalapeno are coated with a creamy sauce.
- While the mixture is cooking, finely chop the crispy bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon of the chopped bacon along with 2 teaspoons of the minced green onion.
- Stir the remaining bacon and green onion into the hot dip then scoop the dip into a serving dish. Sprinkle the reserved bacon and green onion over the top and serve with chips or as a side dish.
- Leftovers can be stored, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat covered but vented in a microwave on HIGH until hot all the way through.