Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crowd pleaser that is served often when we have people over to watch football!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans with jalapeno
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a skillet, brown the bacon until crisp but not burnt. Remove to a plate with some paper towels. Cool slightly and then crumble into small bits.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, sauté onions until clear. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden. Do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add bacon bits and the remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or toasted pita wedges and a side of salsa.