Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really different pie and smells wonderful while baking. A great way to use up the last of the summer's harvest.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled apples
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine apples, zucchini, carrots, and nuts with flour; toss to coat.
- In medium bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until well blended.
- Mix spices, salt, vanilla, lemon juice, orange peel, and eggs together.
- Add to apple mixture, mix well.
- Spoon into pie crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
I like this. Nice blend of flavours, nice use of ingredients I had on hand, and a nice use of my new food processor to shred everything. ;) Not sure about the "serve warm" suggestion; I personally liked it better after it had been in the fridge for a while.