Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 9 gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled granny smith apples (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped peeled bartlett pears (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare topping; place cookies in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugars, and flour in a medium bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- To prepare filling, combine apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Spoon apple mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish or a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 375 degree for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Oh My Gosh, Mimi, this is so yummy. We loved the flavors of the gingersnaps, Molasses and all the spices. what a good combination. Used golden Raisins, will try it next time with dates. The recipe is a keeper.
you did good